SLC Agrícola opens space at Instituto Caldeira, an innovation hub in Porto Alegre (South, Brazil)
From now on, SLC Agrícola will have a space at the Caldeira Institute, an innovation hub installed in Porto Alegre (RS). The initiative aims to foster the exchange of knowledge between several ecosystem innovation agents and development of ideas and projects, which benefit the economy of Rio Grande do Sul and Brazil. The opening of the space was attended by the CEO of SLC Agrícola, Aurélio Pavinato; the head of Innovation at SLC Agrícola, Frederico Logemann; the Executive Director of the Caldeira Institute, Pedro Valério, and members of the Innovation Committee of SLC Agrícola. “The inauguration of the new innovation space at Instituto Caldeira marks a new phase at SLC Agrícola and creates perspectives for new project fronts and business opportunities”, said Pavinato.
By joining the other founders of Instituto Caldeira, the company takes another step in its digital transformation process, which includes initiatives for the development of digital agriculture, farms connectivity, digital inclusion for employees and their families, among other actions. The new space will house squads that will work on innovations projects in SLC Agrícola's fields of activity. “Our entry into the Caldeira Institute meets our purpose of fostering innovation in agriculture and participating, in a collaborative way, in the exchange of knowledge with companies from other sectors”, said Frederico Logemann.
With 22 thousand square meters and the possibility of future expansions, the Caldeira Institute is one of the largest innovation hubs in the Southern Region of Brazil and is located in the 4th District, in the capital of Rio Grande do Sul. This region has undergone, in recent years, a transformation aimed at revitalizing the area, the collaborative space has companies from different sectors, such as retail, fintechs, chambers of commerce, universities, communication groups and hotels, among others.
More from SLC Agrícola "Innovation"
- SLC Agrícola uses Weedseeker tool
- A new video tells the story of the SLC Group
- Ideias&Resultados recognizes employees
- SLC Agrícola innovation investments lead to its inclusion in Ranking 100 Open Startups 2021
- SLC Sementes innovates by launching cotton seed line
- SLC Agrícola participates in World Agri-Tech South America Summit and highlights investments in area
- SLC Ventures makes first ever investment in agricultural technology
- SLC Agrícola’s innovation area participates in event about technology in the field
- Over 90% of the 2020/21 soy harvest has been sold
- Cotton production in Brazil may grow by 15.5% in the 2021/2022 harvest
- CEO of SLC Agrícola participates in debate about the carbon market
- SLC Agrícola creates a pilot project for a Smart Yard at Fazenda Paiaguás (MT)
- For the first time, soy could reach 40 million hectares planted
- SLC Agrícola is recognized for the 4th consecutive year by the “As Melhores da Dinheiro” award