SLC Agrícola achieves record results in the 3rd quarter
SLC Agrícola, one of the largest grain and fiber producers in Brazil, recorded net income of 113.7 million reais in the third quarter, up 2.4% in 3Q21 and 33.0% in 9M21 over the same period last year.
According to the results released last Wednesday (11/10), the company ended the quarter with record numbers in operating income measured by adjusted Ebitda: R$330.6 million, with growth of 36.6%. The adjusted Ebitda margin was 35.1%, an increase of 8.8 points in the annual comparison.
The area set aside for planting grains and oilseeds reached 667.9 million hectares, 44.2% more than in the 2020/21 harvest. The forecast is that the cotton area will grow more than 60% and that of soy more than 40%. The expansion is due to the business combination with Terra Santa Agro SA and the lease agreement with Agrícola Xingu SA
More from SLC Agrícola "Agriculture"
- Favorable weather and increased planted area may cause growth in corn production in the 2021/22 harvest
- Planting of the 2021/22 cotton harvest reaches 0.20% of the estimated area
- SLC Agrícola invests in Crop-Livestock Integration to increase productivity and reduce carbon footprint
- Brazilian cotton production expected to increase 16.5% in 2021/22 harvest
- Brazil expected to harvest 138.8 million tons of soybean in 2022, IBGE
- The 2nd cotton harvest may have over 82% sown in the ideal window in Mato Grosso
- The 2021/22 soy harvest could reach 144.3 million tons
- SLC Sementes expands partnerships, portfolio and biotechnology for soy
- Brazilian corn exports are expected to total 20.7 million tons in 2021
- Brazil must export more than 86 million tons of soy in 2021
- Cotton planting reaches 21.9% for the area in Brazil for 2021/2
- The Brazilian soy industry looks for strategies to overcome foreseen difficulties in the future
- Favorable climate sustains optimism for next cycle in Mato Grosso
- Global cotton production is expected to reach 28.4 million tons by the 2030/2031 harvest