Number of companies in the ISE B3 portfolio increases to 46
Disclosure of the 17th portfolio of B3´s Corporate Sustainability Index (ISE B3), which covers January 3 to December 30, 2022, brought good news to start the year: increase in the number of companies that meet the criteria evaluated. The number increased from 40 to 46 companies, and the number of sectors, from 15 to 27 compared to 2021, the index´s highest record since its creation. The market value of all companies comprising the portfolio reaches BRL 1.74 trillion, representing 38.26% of the total amount of all companies with shares traded on B3.
The index aims to indicate the average performance of the quotations of the assets of companies committed to corporate sustainability and, at the same time, to encourage investment in ESG practices, this is the first time that B3 uses the new methodology, whose changes were announced in the middle of last year. Among other measures, the evaluation is now reviewed twice a year instead of only once, and the weight of companies in the portfolio composition started to consider performance in the ESG criteria and no longer the market value and in addition to that, registration is now free.
The increase in the number of companies in the ISE portfolio indicates a positive trend in adopting policies and practices that leverage aspects of governance, diversity and the environment.
More from SLC Agrícola "Sem categoria"
- No news found.
- Survey carried out by Conab shows soy and corn as leaders in grain production in Brazil
- Cotton sowing shows significant progress in Mato Grosso
- Planting of the 2021/22 cotton harvest reaches 74% of the estimated area in the country
- Strength of soybean fundamentals ensures market value
- Brazilian corn can be an alternative in the world market
- Increase in the cotton area is reflected in the harvest
- Mato Grosso leads accelerated off-season corn harvest
- Soy commercialization remains promising
- Cotton by-products maintain upward trend in MT