Cotton production in the 2020/21 harvest in Mata Grosso reaches 277.6 @/ha
The Mato Grosso Agribusiness Economic Institute (Imea) has consolidated cotton yields for the state’s 2020/21 harvest. A production of 277.68 @/ha of cottonseed hulls was confirmed, a 0.49% drop in relation to the previous report and a 9.46% decrease in relation to the previous harvest.
The mid-northern and southern regions of Mato Grosso were the only regions in the state that showed productivity below 269 @/ha. The drop in productivity was due to a delay in cotton planting, which resulted in more than 60% of the total cultivation area being planted outside the “ideal” window and, with reduced rains during the period for developing fields, the crops that were planted the latest suffered from a lack of rain and low soil humidity.
The harvest was forecast to produce 4 million tons of cottonseed hull and 1.65 million tons of cotton wool, which represents a 23.83% decrease in relation to the 19/20 harvest.
More from SLC Agrícola "Agriculture"
- Favorable weather and increased planted area may cause growth in corn production in the 2021/22 harvest
- Planting of the 2021/22 cotton harvest reaches 0.20% of the estimated area
- SLC Agrícola invests in Crop-Livestock Integration to increase productivity and reduce carbon footprint
- Brazilian cotton production expected to increase 16.5% in 2021/22 harvest
- Brazil expected to harvest 138.8 million tons of soybean in 2022, IBGE
- The 2nd cotton harvest may have over 82% sown in the ideal window in Mato Grosso
- The 2021/22 soy harvest could reach 144.3 million tons
- SLC Sementes expands partnerships, portfolio and biotechnology for soy
- Brazilian corn exports are expected to total 20.7 million tons in 2021
- Brazil must export more than 86 million tons of soy in 2021
- Cotton planting reaches 21.9% for the area in Brazil for 2021/2
- The Brazilian soy industry looks for strategies to overcome foreseen difficulties in the future
- Favorable climate sustains optimism for next cycle in Mato Grosso
- Global cotton production is expected to reach 28.4 million tons by the 2030/2031 harvest