Cotton is packed in pink to warn about breast cancer
A campaign involving SLC Agrícola, the country's largest grain and fiber producer, and Tama, the company that holds cotton baling technology, will pack pink cotton bales. The action, called Cotton For Life, was created to raise awareness about breast cancer and to warn about prevention in order to detect the disease early. The campaign will be held in regions near the SLC Agrícolas Farms in Bahia, such as Barreiras and Luís Eduardo Magalhães.
For SLC Agrícola's People Management and Corporate Communication Manager, Déa Machado, participating in the Cotton for Life campaign brings great pride to the company. "We can encourage women to be aware of the need for the test to promote early detection of breast cancer, if any, and to bring to our communities near our Farms in Bahia a little more clarification on this very important topic for women's health", she points out.
According to Tama Marketing Manager Bruno Caetano Franco, the campaign is already carried out worldwide, and for the first time SLC Agrícola is part of the action. “We made a pink version just to provoke a reflection and also take advantage of the harvest time to work on breast cancer prevention. This started in the United States when a cotton producer asked us to make the product in pink, in honor of his late wife, and then it became a global Tama campaign,” he explains.
A breast cancer support institution will be chosen to receive the support of the action.
More from SLC Agrícola "Social Responsibility"
- SLC Agricola farm hosts delegates of the global event, the Youth Ag Summit 2019
- SLC Agrícola invests in sustainability actions in line with the global agenda
- SLC Agrícola attends International Conference
- ABAPA enables tests for Covid-19 in Western Bahia
- SLC Agrícola presents new edition of its Integrated Report
- SLC Agrícola supports organization that gives youth an opportunity to practice tennis
- SLC Agrícola benefits 11 entities through tax incentives
- Inclusive Education Program